- This event has passed.
Auditions for She Kills Monsters: Virtual Realms
October 4, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Auditions Details for She Kills Monsters: Virtual Realms
Audition Dates: October 4th, 6:30 PM, Iowa City Public Library
October 5th, 6:30 PM, via Zoom
Pre-recorded video auditions can be submitted until October 5. To submit a video audition, please send a YouTube or Vimeo link to Carrie Pozdol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance Dates: December 10-12 (This is a virtual production.)
Directed by Carrie Pozdol
Inclusive casting is a high priority, all actors welcome and encouraged to audition. All of the characters in the play are in high school. All roles are open to actors of any race or gender identity. This play will be performed virtually, though some scenes may be filmed in advance.
- Narrator – Any gender identity, any age. May be doubled as Farrah the Faerie.
- Tilly – identified as a high school freshman, female presenting, Agnes’ younger sister, character dies before the play opens, so the character is the Dungeons and Dragons version of her (a Paladin).
- Agnes – identified as a high school senior, female presenting, Tilly’s older sister, she is a cheerleader and new to Dungeons and Dragons. She is using this as a way to try and understand who her sister was.
- Chuck – high school or college age, male presenting, Dungeon Master of the game.
- Vera – identified as high school senior, female presenting, Agnes’ best friend and a Goth cheerleader.
- Miles – identified as high school senior, male presenting, Agnes’ boyfriend. He’s a football player who means well.
- Kaliope/Kelly – identified as a high school student, female presenting, an elf in the DnD party, is revealed to have Cerebral Palsy which affects her legs necessitating the use of crutches. ICCT is seeking an actor with Cerebral Palsy to play this character.
- Lilith/Lilly – identified as high school freshman, female identifying, a demon warrior in the DnD party, a math tutor in real life.
- Orcus/Ronnie – identified as a high school student, male presenting. He is Kelly’s brother, and in the game is a demon who is easily distracted.
- The Great Mage Steve – Identified as a high school student, Steve pops up throughout the show, he is running in a different campaign which often overlaps with our heroes.
- Farrah the Faerie – any gender identity, any age. Farrah is a beautiful faerie who will absolutely destroy you if you mess with her. May be doubled as the Narrator.
- Evil Tina – identified as a high school freshman, female identifying. Is a cheerleader, a succubus, best friends with Evil Gabbi, and really mean. Evil Tina uses a homophobic slur twice in the show.
- Evil Gabbi – identified as a high school freshman, female identifying. Is a cheerleader, a succubus, best friends with Evil Tina, and really mean.
Play Synopsis: Agnes Evans has always been an average teenager who wanted to live a normal life. Tilly Evans was her little sister who loved fantasy and adventure. When Tilly is killed in a car accident, Agnes is left alone, having never known who her sister really was. When she stumbles upon her sister’s Dungeons and Dragons notebook, Agnes starts down a path of discovery, trying to learn who Tilly was, as well as finding herself.